Essential resources to start you online home based business
Building Your Site
– Domain Name: First of all, for serious online home based business you need to get your online identity buying your own domain. Godaddy is the numberer 1 online registrant.
– Web Host: The home of your online business. HostGator provides Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting solutions. Hostgator services are designed for both beginners and professionals. Hostgator offers unlimited websites hosting and unlimited domains. In addition, Hostgator let you do a one-click WordPress install.
The next thing you need is software or content management system (also known as CMS) to mount your blog. Currently there are many free software options, powerful and simple to use,
Blogging Platforms and Web Management Software.
– Blogger.com – Here you can create a website in minutes with a simple WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) website creator tool. This is perfect for complete beginners.
– Weebly.com – Weebly is a free online service that lets you create free websites and blogs in minutes without technical skills.
– WordPress.com – Popular and open source CMS (Content Management Software). Download the software and install in your host.
– Joomla – Powerful CMS with tons of options.
– Drupal – Another flexible, open source CMS.
You will need a theme for your new site
Finding Content For Your Blog:
You can create your own content or you can find free content for your blogs at article sites. You must follow the rules outlined in the article site. This usually means keeping the author’s contact information and links in place.
The next thing to do is get your affiliate program.
Top Affiliate Programs
Affilite marketing is the practice in wich a company rewards you for each customer brought to you.
– Click Bank – Dedicated to digital products, i.e. products that are available by download. Affiliates can earning huge comissions promoting those products.
– Commission Junction – The top affiliate network for companies that sell physical products like computers, credit cards, clothing, etc.
– Paydot.com it is a free marketplace where you can sell any product you wanr. Sell your own products or become an instant affiliate for any item in their huge marketplace and receive generous commisions.
– Linkshare – Linkshare, one of the largest affiliate networks on the net. Linkshare is free to join and easy to use. Linkshare offer their affiliates access to 500 top online retailers
Sell Advertising on your site
– Adbrite Advertising Network offers good solutions for site and blog monetization. AdBrite offers innovative ads options like Full Page Ads, Brite Pic, Inline and InVideo Ads.
– Google Adsense – Adsense is all about targeted content, the more targeted your content is, the more target the search engines’ ads will be.
Build your Ecommerce Site
Ir you want to sell products directly, you should avoud using a WordPress blog and build a Ecommerce site, These sites,
look into a more full fledged open source platform such as:
– Zen-Cart .
Advertise your new site
– Google Adwords – You can’t start making money until you get traffic to your website, and one of the best ways to get traffic is by advertising your website through Google Adwords. This is the biggest PPC (pay per click) program on the web. You can create a Google Adwords account at adwords.google.com