Without a doubt, one of the biggest obstacles when you start any kind of ecommerce entrepreneurship, is not only promoting the business in your target segment, but earn the trust of customers.
In the following brief check list we will review the actions that should be performed in your e-commerce site to build a high level of trust among users.
- Hire a high-performance hosting or reputable third party ecommerce services.
- Choose a brandable domain name.
- Show a user-friendly, clean design.
- Attach a blog to your store.
- Create business pages for your store in the major social networks.
- Place in a clearly visible place of your site the business phone number, email address and customer service hours of operation.
- Implement live chat for customer service, such as iAdvice, LivePerson, Zopim, ZenDesk or Skype.
- Show sample reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers.
- Include all the information about your company. Use pictures of people who are behind the company.
- Use high-quality images for each product.
- Indicate clearly the return policy.
- Make sure your URL redirects to SSL-encrypted connection at the time of purchase.
- Include quality seals and certificates by joining services that offers E-commerce guarantees and business accreditations, such as Trusted Shops, Better Business Bureau or Google Trusted Stores.
- Include the logos and badges of all accepted payment methods, such Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Moneybookers, etc.
- Include badges and logos from electronic safety services, such as VerySign, McAfee, etc.
- Always reports the exact date of delivery.
All these elements will fight the reluctance of the customers to make their first purchase and differentiate your business from the competition.