In the following brief check list we will review the actions that should be performed in your e-commerce site to build a high level of trust among users.
- Hire a high-performance hosting or reputable third party ecommerce services.
- Choose a brandable domain name.
- Show a user-friendly, clean design.
- Attach a blog to your store.
- Create business pages for your store in the major social networks.
- Place in a clearly visible place of your site the business phone number, email address and customer service hours of operation.
- Implement live chat for customer service, such as iAdvice, LivePerson, Zopim, ZenDesk or Skype.
- Show sample reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers.
- Include all the information about your company. Use pictures of people who are behind the company.
- Use high-quality images for each product.
- Indicate clearly the return policy.
- Make sure your URL redirects to SSL-encrypted connection at the time of purchase.
- Include quality seals and certificates by joining services that offers E-commerce guarantees and business accreditations, such as Trusted Shops, Better Business Bureau or Google Trusted Stores.
- Include the logos and badges of all accepted payment methods, such Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Moneybookers, etc.
- Include badges and logos from electronic safety services, such as VerySign, McAfee, etc.
- Always reports the exact date of delivery.
All these elements will fight the reluctance of the customers to make their first purchase and differentiate your business from the competition.